FIRST FEDERAL BANK
Situated on a prominent five-acre site on the north side of Harrison, this two-story, steel-framed structure serves as the corporate headquarters for the First Federal Bank of Harrison. The building houses the executive offices of the bank as well as meeting facilities for the bank’s board of directors. The building also houses the bank’s Northtown branch, located in the center of this rapidly growing area of town. First Federal Bank has served the Harrison and northwest Arkansas communities since 1934, so it was important that the materials promote an image of the stability and longevity; the extensive use of red brick and pre-cast concrete gives a sense of permanence and continuity to the bank’s new center of operations.
Situated on 1.3 acres in downtown Sheridan, this one-story building serves as the new main office for the Peoples Bank. The facility consists of the executive offices, boardroom, four loan offices, a loan servicing department, three customer service representatives, four inside tellers and four drive through lanes, one of which also provides space for the ATM. Peoples Bank's objective was to establish a quality new look that illustrates their longtime presence and permanence within the community. They choose classic masonry detailing, slate roofing and copper dormers and gutters to accent the exterior and rich woods to be incorporated through the interior. This look has been replicated on their new brand at East End.